Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Winter Storm Snowflake Polymer Clay Pendant

This week's winter snow storm in Colorado inspired this polymer clay pendant project. Join me in my studio as we make a swirl bead and add snowflake embellishments. I used extruded clay strands applied to a clay base to make my swirl beads. This simple technique is great alternative to using cane slices for those of us who don’t make many canes. Upcoming projects will use this basic technique for more swirl effects. Hope you enjoy this. If you enjoy the video, subscribe to my YouTube channel, give me a thumbs up or leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Below the video are the tools and materials used in the project. 
  Tools 
Extruder 
19 hole die 
Clay blade 
Needle tool 
Acrylic or glass block 
Jewelry pliers
  Materials 
Polymer Clay – white and 2 shades of blue 
Pearlescent powder – silver 
Jump ring 
Sandpaper – wet/dry 400 grit 
Sealer – Varathane or other

P.S. I’m always trying to improve my videos. I use Adobe Premier Pro Creative Cloud software to edit my videos and with this one I wanted to keep close to the 5 minute mark. It’s always a learning process and fun. Stuff I learned while making this video:
• How to speed up a clip
• Overlay comments on a clip
• Record audio outside the main video

No comments:

Post a Comment