Saturday, January 23, 2010

Studio Sneak Peek

I made a list of all the things I'd like to post to my blog during the year and the first is a series of pictures and descriptions of my studio. The following picture is of my main work space.  This picture is somewhat staged -- I'm not nearly so neat -- I set this up for a future post on using color.  Anyway, I used the following colors and inspiration for a set of polymer clay bracelet beads. 



My studio is like a haven and I spend as much of my free time as I can creating in this space.  In the large, open basement of my 1969 ranch home in Lakewood, Colorado, I've carved out quite a lot of room for my tools, supplies and work tables. Here's a picture of my work table from a different angle (OK, now you see the usual state of my work table - a jumble of stuff) with one of my primary tools -- my polymer clay oven. Sometime during the year I'll upgrade the oven.



Behind my worktable are all of my tools and supplies, so you can see my bead stash, clay, wire, stringing supplies and the like.





I've set up an Etsy site and am excited to say that I've sold 3 of the 7 items I've listed. Another goal this year, in addition to keeping up this blog, is to keep my Etsy site refreshed. Here's a picture of my table top photo studio. I made the light box myself by using a plastic box covered by nylon ripstock. I just added the Ott lights so I hope they improve my pictures. I'm using a Sony Cybershop point and click. Right now that's working just fine and definitely suits my limited photo skills.

Well, more to come. Here's a list of some of the topics I'll be covering in future posts.
  • Developing a color palette the easy way
  • Unusual findings
  • Creative jewelry displays
Oh, by the way, check out my favorite polymer clay links. You'll find lots of inspiration. Happy creating.

2 comments:

  1. I am envious of all of your studio space. Mostly, I'm confind to one room with spill over into the garage for sanding and buffing. I love your blog, hope to see you at a meeting soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lucille, I'm definitely hoping to be at the February meeting. I am lucky to have such a great studio.

    ReplyDelete