Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year Goals and Plans

A new year, a birthday in a few days and time to set goals and make plans.  As usual, my goals for the year are maybe more ambitious than they should be but I've got work to do.  The major themes for the year will be Health, Home and Art.  Since this blog is about the art, here are my specific goals for the year.

1)     Participate in swaps/shows/contests/challenges.
a)     A  City-o-Clay Yahoo group Rock Purse swap.  This is one of the polymer clay groups I belong to.
b)     True Addicts of Daily Art (TADA365).  This flickr.com group commits to working on their art each day and uploading pictures and commenting on their blogs.  http://tada365.blogspot.com/
c)     Ring A Week (RAW 2011).  Another flickr.com group, this is the 2011 version of the 2010 Ring a Day.  Producing a ring weekly seems more manageable to me.
      NOTE:  Challenges b and c I found out about on Cynthia Tinapple’s, Polymer Clay Daily.  http://polymerclaydaily.com/2010/12/30/polymer-goals/
2)     Focus each day on creating.  Towards the end of 2010, I left the studio alone much too often, even to the point where I was avoiding going in.  Since the studio has always been my respite from a hectic work life, I need to be in there daily, doing something.  Sometimes all I can manage is sorting stuff, which can be inspirational in and of itself.
3)     Keep up the blog.  When I look back at the year, I’m not sure what happened around June but this is when I really let the blog go.  The timing seems to coincide with the studio avoidance problem.  Oh well, I"ll make more of an effort to keep the blog up.  The challenges above will help.
4)     Take better photos.  I received a new camera for Christmas and have tried it out already.  I’ve created a new artist photo and did some work in Photoshop Elements to merge the image of myself and one of my studio.  So, here’s the new photo.  As I get better with photography and using the software, I’ll change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment