Saturday, April 21, 2012

More Travel Projects

Being on extended travel means being away from the beloved studio.  I miss it.  To keep some creativity going, I've been re-exploring crafts from long ago.  In the last post I showed picking up crochet from my childhood.  Here's another take on crochet - felted crochet.  I had never tried this but in my web surfing I came across felted crochet.  I've tried it and loved it!  So far I've made a couple of practice handbags (still need to work on this) and felted flowers.  I thought, why not?  How about a necklace.  Here's my first attempt. 


It's easy to do, use pure wool yarn, crochet a flower and rope vine, wash it in the washing machine with some detergent and hot water, shape, dry and embellish.  I was going for a red poppy and used black seed beads to create the center of the poppy.  I like the way it turned out and the felting was fun.  Will have to put this away until winter when it's chilly.  I think would look great with a sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment