Friday, January 23, 2015

Build A Line Challenge from B'sue Boutiques, Maria Clark of Sweet Willow Designs, Part One



Hi All, I'm Maria Clark of Sweet Willow Designs.  Welcome to Part One of the B'Sue Build a Line Challenge hosted by B'Sue Boutiques.  I was encouraged by new Facebook friends to join the Challenge when I posted some of my polymer clay jewelry.  In part one of a three part series in this master class, I'll tell you a bit about myself and my jewelry making journey as well as share my process and progress as I, and my classmates, create a five piece line of jewelry.

Each of the 57 participants in the master class has identified a theme for their jewelry line which won't be revealed until the last blog hop in March.  So, the suspense will build as we share our thoughts, design decisions and our final pieces.  For my line I'll be combining polymer clay and the great filigree and stampings from B'Sue Boutiques.  I'm not entirely sure how this will turn out!

My studio in Colorado is in the basement I share with my musician husband.  We're at opposite ends but can see each other which makes pursuing our individual creative outlets a kind of together time.  I can hear the lilting sounds of his music and he can sometimes detect the wafting scents of burning clay - just kidding, that rarely happens :)

Here are a few pics of my studio.  You'll note how tidy and organized it appears as thankfully you can't see the mess on the floor and the hazard cones that mark off my space.  I made my own photo box from a plastic box and some rip stock cloth which works well.  Learning to use the camera is really where I need to spend more time to get great quality photos.

 I can't wait to see what all the participants create for their jewelry lines.  Below are the links for each participant.  Be sure to stop by, leave a comment, ask questions and encourage the artists.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.  On to the next!


Brenda Sue Lansdowne, B'sue Boutiques

Marcia Tuzzolino

Jann Tague

Judy King

Linzi Alford

Cynthia Wainscott

Carole Carlson

Lynn Stinten


Marica Zammit

Catherine Shattuck

Michaele Collie

Mary Craig

Lee Koopman

Erin Whitacre

Monica Casady

Leila West

Cindy Peterson

Leila Belcher

Gloria Allen

Pamela Anger

Tammy Adams

Lynda O'Mara

Elizabeth Hildreth

Dana Hickey

Janet Calardo

Maria Clark

Lori Beekman

Jennifer Kroeger

Amy Jorgensen

Robin Reed

Ingrid Anderson

Louise O'Shields

Susan Killam

Mary Katherine Deis

Nike Bottalico

Susan Bowerman

Kristy Le

Jan Peters

Mitzie Crider

Gina Hockett

Linda Anderson

Alexandra Sefton

Melida Boman

Teresa Shurter

Melissa Latimer

Renee Hong

Nadine Edris

Lori Meyer

Jennifer Merrill Williams

Denise Lussier Poirier

Renee Allen

Autumn Adams

Elizabeth Owens

Kat BarronMiller

Sandra Ballard

Coral Law

69 comments:

  1. Good Morning! Looking forward to seeing your line come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The suspense is killing me. Can't wait to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I'm kinda in suspense too! LOL

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to seeing what you create. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see what you've come up with, Maria! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clay and Filgree perfect combination .. looking forward to seeing what your designs will be .. Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jann, thanks for stopping by. Much anticipation for the next two hops.

      Delete
  6. Well, how lucky are you to have live music to accompany your work? It looks like there are few of us using polymer clay with the brass. Looking forward to seeing what you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tammy, very lucky. Can't wait to see the polymer clay results.

      Delete
  7. Polymer clay and B'sue components - the perfect combination :-)

    Can't wait to see some of your creations in the next blog hop Maria!

    Marica
    Bead Lovelies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the combination too Marica. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. Of course you'll make an awesome line with polymer clay and B'Sue findings! 😃 It's a great combination.

    Cheers,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post,.. loved your cone comment, and your photo set up is a dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kat, thanks for the comment. The photo set up is really easy. Think I'll do a post on it at some point.

      Delete
  10. Looking forward to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cannot wait to see your work, go on this journey with you and get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nike, looking forward to the journey also. Good luck.

      Delete
  12. Can't wait to see your completed line!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to your reveal... How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your polymer is marvelous, can't wait to see you pair anew it with B'Sue's components!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa, thanks for stopping by. This will be a interesting journey, my head is spinning.

      Delete
  15. Haha--the sweet smell of burning clay!! I'm so looking forward to seeing polymer with filigree! You go girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great looking studio. Looking forward to seeing your line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet, the studio is a dream - just to have a place to work is fantastic. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  17. It's definitely important to take good pictures. Can you tell us more about your setup?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn, yes, I'll post something on the photo set up in upcoming posts. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  18. I love all of the stampings and stuff from B'sue Boutiques and I admire anyone who can do polymer clay! Can't wait to see what you create!! Have a Blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, just placed another B'Sue order yesterday, it's addictive!

      Delete
  19. I too work in my basment! How fun that you share your studio with your husband! Can't wait to hear more about your line

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynthia, it is so special for my husband and I to work in the same general area. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  20. I love your blog! My "studio" is our guest room, but it works. Looking forward to sharing this journey together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise, thanks for stopping by. Glad you enjoyed the blog. Looking forward to the journey also.

      Delete
  21. Thanks for joining us and opening a window to your studio so that we can peek in at how you work....and what you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, thanks for stopping by and organizing this event. Looking forward to all the reveals.

      Delete
  22. That's nice that you get to listen to live music while you work! I'll keep posted to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee, the music is really nice! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  23. Hi Maria OMG I love your work it is just phenomenal!!!! Your blog is truly awesome and I can't wait to enjoy your spectacular line!!! Job well done for sure!! Warm regards Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Louise, thanks for your kind words. This will be such fun to see what emerges from all of us!

      Delete
  24. Can't wait to see what you're working on. :-) ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, thanks for stopping by. Looking forward to seeing the lines emerge.

      Delete
  25. I can just imagine the combo, burning clay and music, lol! Polymer and brass go so good together, it will be amazing, I know! Glad you are taking this journey with all of us! Gina H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina, it's great for my husband and I to share some common space. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  26. Sounds like you have the perfect environment for creativity, music. Looking forward to your reveal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica, yes, it's great creative environment. Looking forward to seeing all the lines.

      Delete
  27. Love your studio, love the support you and your mate have. Looking forward to your line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gloria, thanks for stopping by. Looking forward to the journey with you.

      Delete
  28. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thanks for stopping by, this is a unique experience and I can't wait to see what everyone does.

      Delete
  29. Love these two elements together!! Looking forward to seeing your design line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, it will be fun to pair these two components. Thanks for stopping by. I'll look forward to all of the reveals.

      Delete
  30. Love these two elements together!! Looking forward to seeing your design line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, thanks for stopping by. I'm also looking forward to what you and the other participants create.

      Delete
  31. Will your husband play music on the other side while you are working on your creations? How nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coral, we do spend some time together in our studios, working our individual projects, it is nice to hear him play. Looking forward to seeing all of the lines as they come together.

      Delete
  32. Filigree and polymer clay sounds interesting! Look forward to seeing your line! Linzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linzi, thanks for stopping by. This is a fun journey we're on.

      Delete
  33. Maria--Can't wait to see what your come up with for your theme and your designs. So happy to have another Colorado person that lives so close to me! I'm looking forward to getting together in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynda, so glad also to have someone else in CO and so close. Looking forward to seeing you.

      Delete
  34. I love your blog! this is going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete