Saturday, September 24, 2016

#29Faces - #24 of 29 Wearable Art Tote Bag

#29Faces, #24 of 29 in the 29Faces Art Challenge hosted by Ayala Art. As a wearable artist I'm always on the lookout for ideas for converting my art work into something wearable. I had this very inexpensive ($5) polyester felt bag from Target. It's a thick felt with vinyl handles. The heathered gray felt has a lot of texture and was a great neutral background. This bag was just waiting for some artistic treatment. I loved #23, the girl with flowers drawing which I had watercolored.  I had done the face first and then decided she needed some flowers in her hair so I drew a variety of flowers which I also watercolored and added to the face.  I did a simple image transfer on this bag and am thrilled with the results!!  I may not be finished yet, I think it may need some embellishment to highlight some of the details.


No comments:

Post a Comment